WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TOO!
YOU'VE ASKED US FOR A JUNIOR GIRL GROUP!
While we’re still promoting the auditions for our “grown-up” girl band, we’ve heard from a lot of the younger girls at SIS that they’d be up for something like that as well… if only they didn’t have to be quite so “old”!
So this project is aimed at them. Ages between (older) 10-year-olds up to 13 years old. The general parameters and audition criteria will be very similar to the older girlband, with the only main difference being the development time, which rather than being 1-2-years, will be about double that – for obvious reasons.
The JUNIOR GIRLBAND will enjoy the same kind of high-level music development, from studio recordings to performance and image development – and will also be exposed to excellent industry leads, when the time is right.
Unlike with the older girlband, during the initial stages of development of the JUNIORS, we will be focusing on covers and original covers – and original songs will only be recorded a bit further into the whole development process.
Generally, we’ll be developing the JUNIOR group in a similar way to the older group, with only minor differences (other than a longer development time):
- You will initially be working on covers and original covers, but after some time you too will get professionally-written and produced ORIGINAL songs with the highest hit potential.
- Once we have some material developed, you will also start learning how to perform these songs on stage.
- As we progress, we’ll also help shape your image and, together with you, create the whole “package”.
- As you grow and develop, you will also, at one point, be invited to write or co-write your own songs, after we teach you how it’s done on a professional level.
- You will be developed and produced by SIMA along with our extended UK team (later also our US collaborators)
- It will take between 3 and 4 years to get the project to release-readiness – simply because of your young ages. Once we’re ready, we’ll aim to get a recording deal for you and then move to “stage 2”, where you’ll get a manager, and as good a release deal as possible.
- You will be able to start a recording and performance career early on – WITHOUT ENDANGERING YOUR STUDIES.
WHAT'S THE SETUP?
We are very well positioned within the music industry in the UK and the US, and as a result our productions are regularly listened to and considered by our partners there. It therefore goes almost without saying that any serious project we take on and develop will have excellent chances of going further. Artists we develop have just about the shortest possible release route available to them!
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU?
If you get accepted into this project, we expect a long-term COMMITMENT from you. And – we expect that you’ll not only undertake to be the best you can be, but that you’ll also ensure NOT to jeopardize your schoolwork. For the first couple of years this won’t be a problem, but later, as things start to heat up, you’ll feel some pressure. Nothing too major – but it’ll come.
Other than that, here are some general things we’re looking for:
- If you’re 10-13 years old, you’re the ideal age for this long-term development project.
- If you’re younger – you will be able to apply for our next similar project when the time is right. If you’re older, please consider auditioning for the older girlband.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS?
We will offer this special development program to you at 50%-90% OFF (from the regular SIMA cost – which is already incredibly low by any standard). We’ll do this because we only want your payment as a form of a guarantee of your long-term commitment. The rest of the cost of your development constitutes our investment in you and will be covered by us.
If the project gets to the release-level, you will be offered industry-standard deals and terms, possibly better than most debut artists can get, thanks to our close ties and friendly relationships with the labels in question. You will also have a standard management deal with an excellent management team with a multi-million-selling record.
HOW GOOD DO YOU NEED TO BE?
YOU'LL PROBABLY PASS THE AUDITION IF...
- you’re focused, likeable – and have an interesting vocal tone (backed by a decent technical ability, for your age)
- you’re presentable – not necessarily “pretty” in the conventional sense, but full of “character” and at least basic charisma – you can’t be a slob!
- you’re in the right age bracket, i.e. between (older) 10 and 13.
- you’re a quick study
- you love to sing AND dance
- you have a good ear and can sing harmonies without too much difficulty
- you have your family’s support
- you’re willing to take on the extra responsibility of being in this group AND continuing with your school and other activities which are important to you – but, apart from school – giving top priority to this project
- you DON’T want to be “famous” – but you’re doing this for the right reasons: you LOVE music and you want to be the best you can be
- you are a team player – not a diva
- you’re a strong individual – not a pushover or a whimp
- you’re happy even if you’re only selected as an understudy
- you’re as happy to do background harmonies as you are doing lead parts
- you’re willing to root for your group-mates and be happy for their successes
- you’re not the type to use your successes to “rub them into” your team-mates faces
- you’re intelligent and eager to learn and get better
- you love working hard on the things you love – so you’ll go the extra mile in learning how to become the best you can be within your junior girl group, and beyond it
- you want to be available to your team whenever it’s required – within reason, of course – but you realize that any group is only as strong as its weakest link and so you resolve NOT to be the weakest link!
WHAT IS THE COST?
The SIMA rates for ALL of our services are probably just about the best in the world, for what you’re getting. But our junior girl group project will have EVEN BETTER terms. We will offer the following:
- The first year – 2 hours per week = 8 hours per month, plus 8-16 hours production development (in which you will not be required to participate, but will always be invited to, if you so wish)
- The next year – 4 hours per week = 16 hours per month, plus at least double that in behind-the-scenes production development.
- The final 1-2 years – depending on the state of play between us and our UK/US partners, it can be the same as the previous stage, or it can increase considerably.
- In the second and especially the third part of your development we will gradually also start introducing outside dance coaches, image consultants and other specialists.
- Your entire development will be guided by our experienced team and you will be connected with top international people and opportunities – something that not one in a million would-be artists can even dream of!
We will offer the above for ONLY €30 per week, throughout the entire development time (billed through SIS at end of each term, as ever)! This represents a 50%, and later 75-90%+ discount on our normal, already-super-low rates! That’s because we are investing in you too! And your payment merely helps us cover our most basic costs and, more importantly, will serve as proof of your commitment.
NOTE: choreographer, image consulting and similar costs will be separate – we’ll spread those evenly among all participants when the time arises. Don’t worry, we’ll keep them as low as possible, for the highest quality of service.
NOTE 2: this offer is ONLY valid for the JUNIOR GIRL GROUP. See our regular rates for all other SIMA project sessions, courses and costs.
FILL OUT THE SIGNUP FORM:
By filling out this signup form, you agree to be auditioned by us, and you understand that it is by no means a guarantee that you will be accepted either as part of the main project or as an understudy..NOTE: for this opportunity ONLY girls 10-13 years old need apply.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, CONTACT PAUL OR SPEAK TO MISS LAURA
You’ll find Miss Laura on campus, daily, in the music room. As for Paul, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: I’m 13 years old should I apply for the JUNIOR or OLDER girl group?
- A: It depends. If you pass your audition, we will advise you, based on what we learn about you. You may be better served as an understudy in the older group – or perhaps as one of the leads in the junior group. We’ll know once we see you.
- A: If the older girl group is closed to new recruits, and if you’re not really suited for the juniors, you’ll be signed up for the NEXT project, next year.
- Q: Is release for the group guaranteed?
- A: No. Nothing ever is. However, we have multiple direct contacts with top label A&R’s and have received a proposal/challenge from a couple of them to serve them up with a hot young group. If we can live up to their expectation – we’re in!
- A: What IS guaranteed is that the group will receive the highest quality development we’re capable of providing. They will, individually and collectively, be guided to become as good as they can be in the shortest time possible.
- Q: How difficult is “making it”, really?
- A: If you have the “right” product – it’s relatively easy. If you don’t, or if the labels (who are otherwise ALWAYS on the lookout for the next big thing) can’t see it – it can be an incredibly frustrating and time-consuming challenge. There are quite literally millions of hopeful artists out there and only one in perhaps a hundred thousand gets considered for release. Even fewer actually get signed. Even fewer actually get released. And fewer still achieve any measure of success. The only other business with a comparable level of difficulty of breaking in is, possibly, the movie business.
- Q: What is the best case and worst case scenario?
- A: In the best case, after 2-3 years the group gets picked up by a reputable label (after the long-term development period discussed above), they get released and have one or more hits. Everyone makes money, they tour and enjoy the fruits of success, setting themselves up for life.
- A: In the worst case, which isn’t really that bad either, the product doesn’t find a home and the girls emerge stronger, wiser and more experienced – with their vocal and performance skills greatly fine-tuned, ready to try again – or to continue on a different path.
- Q: How can the group continue their school education if they’re in the middle of touring?
- A: Many, if not most, young artists currently in the charts today continue their traditional education even while they’re touring and recording.
- A: SIS already provides extensive tutoring (offline and online) for their golf students who have to travel frequently. No reason why the same couldn’t be done in this case.
- A: This is not a problem for the JUNIOR group for at least the first two years of their development.
- Q: What about vacations?
- A: Summer vacation (or good parts of it) is a great time to intensify the work. It would be very much recommended that you make yourself available for rehearsals and recordings through most of that time.
- Q: What if I have solo ambitions?
- A: A group is a fantastic launching platform for future solo acts. Just look around and you’ll see what I mean. It’s also a great way to hone your skills without the pressure of a solo act. When the time comes, you’ll be in potentially “ideal” position to try out for a solo career. But for the first 2-3 years, don’t worry about it at all.